Sunday, August 3, 2008

Brewday Sunday!

Katherine and I brewed a batch of our house IPA today, in anticipation of the party on September 27. We were ably assisted by an extremely hungover Brucetravis, who I think was only sticking around the house until he felt confident he could make it home without throwing up.

Why was he so hungover? Because yesterday's party practice was a raging success! I think we need to work on food (a slice at Manny and Olga's may not have been enough), but everything else was excellent. Drink selection and pacing was extremely impressive. Somehow, we mixed together Wasmund's Single Malt Whisky, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Miller Lite, and Jameson's and kept it rocking until a stunning 3am! We might have rolled even later, but The We Are Scientists kicked us out of their dressing room so they could drive to Columbus, Ohio.

The trunk show was a smash. Great turnout and the Barking Irons guys are fantastic. Big ups to all the Wasmund's fans who came out. In case anyone's curious, the drink I was serving is: mint muddled in a glass, a shot of Wasmund's, two shots of Honest Ade Orange Mango, a shot of club soda, and ice. Or, you can always use Wasmund's to make my favorite cocktail: a glass full of whisky, with a dash of witty conversation. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh...still feeling it today and it's MONDAY! Yes, that's right...I'm about to turn 33 myself and just like Hank Jr. said "the hangovers hurt more than they used to"...you'll learn that soon enough. Luckily, I'm no longer sweating pure alcohol and the only pain I have is an occasional series of sharp pains in my left eye. Overall, a great night but whose idea was it to add Jameson on top of everything else at like 2 AM?

Anonymous said...

I can not believe I missed this debauchery. Maybe you can re-create it this weekend.