Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Born to be 50

Shortly before I left NRECA to go back to school, I was having dinner with my old boss. She's a really nice woman, and possibly a little eccentric, which makes hanging out with her always enjoyable. You never really know what she's going to say, but it's almost always going to be pretty memorable.

She was telling me that it was good to go to school now, do different things, go while I can, etc., etc., and asked how old I was. I told her I was 28 and she commented that I seemed older than that. Then, in an amazing moment, she said that her husband had recently said that he really enjoyed being in his 50s and felt like he had always been a 50-year-old trapped in a young man's body. And, she told me that I was probably the same way: born to be 50.

Good times! I would say I was probably born to be 35, if I had to say, but 50 seems a little steep!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heema-Jeeba!

Anonymous said...

i think you were born to lose...

Anonymous said...

no no...that's born to loose...

Anonymous said...

i born to break nose, get stitches, score four goals...